If you’ve walked into the EBC building over the past number of years, you’ve probably seen a stack of “Our Daily Bread” booklets on display on the information table. Many people have used these little devotionals over the years and have appreciated the short and applicable truths from God’s word that they contain.
In recent months, we’ve noticed them being taken less often, and in the interests of good stewardship we are evaluating whether we’ll continue to order them in (at least in the quantities that we have in the past).
If you have used and appreciated “Our Daily Bread,” we do encourage you to begin to subscribe to it yourself. If you visit www.odb.org/subscription/canada, you can easily get the print edition (in regular or large print) shipped directly to your mailbox. They also have email delivery options, as well as a free app. If someone you know has been using Our Daily Bread, and they are not internet-savvy, this is something you could help them with.
I also want to let you know about some other daily devotional resources which you might want to get familiar with. These devotionals come from trusted teachers and ministries and, like all good devotionals, are not intended to replace your reading of the Bible. Instead they can help you understand, appreciate and apply the Bible in your life on a regular basis.
- Truth for Life (Alistair Begg)
- You can read these devotionals on their website or subscribe by email.
- Solid Joys (John Piper)
- Available on the website or by podcast, email and free app, this is a resource I’ve really appreciated.
- Grace to You (John MacArthur)
- They have a number of daily devotionals available on the web or by email subscription. You can also purchase them in book form.
- Read the Bible (The Gospel Coalition/Crossway)
- This devotional is based off of a one-year Bible reading plan, with devotional notes to help you understand the passages.
- It’s available on the website, by email and podcast, and also through Facebook.
- Tabletalk Magazine
- This magazine (which has a free trial, after which it does cost a small amount) contains a rich daily devotional guide to the Scriptures as well as helpful and top-notch articles.
On the cusp of a new year, why not explore some of these valuable resources to help you engage with God and His word in 2021?