“Young Adults” are what we call our Grade 7-12s. We want to encourage them to rise above a culture of low expectations and take their place in the church as vital participants in God’s mission.
Here are some of the specific ways we carry out this vision:
- Bible Studies. On the first and third Friday evenings of each month, we meet at 7:00 pm for small-group Bible studies. This year we’re working through a series on our identity, digging in to who God says we are.
- Event Nights. On the last Friday of each month we gather at 7:00 pm for a fun event—think battle archery, live Mario Kart, or a gym night. We believe that there is significant discipleship value in the relationships we build though these times.
- Service Nights. This year we are planning to hold service nights on the second Fridays of each month. This will be an evening to grab a rake or a shovel and go love our neighbours in practical ways. Look for more details as these plans firm up.
- We encourage the Gr. 7-12s who don’t have another church home to join us for Sunday School at 9:30 am. We use age-appropriate curriculum to help train them as disciples of Jesus.
- For the past few years we’ve gone out for a few days in August for a canoe trip on the Churchill River. (See last year’s video below.) This is a highlight of the year for many of us.