“Young Adults” are what we call our Grade 7-12s. We want to encourage them to rise above a culture of low expectations and take their place in the world as vital participants in God’s mission.
Here are some of the specific ways we carry out this vision:
- Bible Studies. On the first and third Friday evenings of each month, we meet at 7:00 pm for small-group Bible studies. This year we’re working through a series on our identity, digging in to who God says we are.
- Event Nights. On the last Friday of each month we gather at 7:00 pm for a fun event—think battle archery, live Mario Kart, or a gym night. We believe that there is significant value in the relationships we build though these times.
- Service Nights. On the third Fridays of each month we go out into our community to serve. This year we’ve partnered with local organizations like the Oasis Community Centre and the Salvation Army to show love to our neighbours in practical ways.
- We encourage the Gr. 7-12s who don’t have another church home to join us for Sunday School at 9:30 am. We use age-appropriate curriculum to help equip them as disciples of Jesus.
- For the past few years we’ve gone out for a few days in August for a canoe trip on the Churchill River. (See last year’s video below.) This is a highlight of the year for many of us.