*Updated January 27. Register for a Sunday gathering → Register for the next prayer service →
Dear EBC family and community,
As I’m sure you’ve heard by now, the provincial government has extended the current restrictions until February 19 (at least). We will continue to hold our four gatherings of 30 each at 9:00, 11:00, 1:00 and 3:00 on Sundays.
I want you to know that from my perspective these are not “church services,” given the way that our church family is all split up. These are supplementary gatherings until such a time as our church—as a whole—can gather together again for worship. And yet, like we’ve said so many times this year, this is better than nothing. We are grateful for our groups of 30 even as we long to be all together as a church once more.
You’ll need to register for a group so that we can keep our numbers in a good place. You can do so at https://ebcnipawin.ca/events/sunday-gatherings/. Please register sooner than later. You’ll also need to register each week.
When you come for your gathering, we ask that you enter through the main doors, sanitize your hands upon entry, and—when the time comes—exit out the Fellowship Hall doors.
If you have any questions about these Sunday gatherings, please let me know. We are trusting that these gatherings in the next few weeks will be edifying and encouraging, even as we long to be all together as a church family again. Let’s pray that the Lord brings that day soon!
Grateful to serve Jesus with you,
Pastor Chris Register for a Sunday gathering → Register for this Sunday’s prayer service →
- Please make yourself familiar with the official guidelines at this link.
- Those who are “medically vulnerable are strongly encouraged to delay their return to services and continue to participate in services online, where possible.” Furthermore, we ask that you stay home if you are sick or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- “All physical contact, such as handshaking or passing objects between individuals, is not permitted.” We also ask that physical distancing be maintained between household units.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Please bring your own mask if possible. We will have some available for those unable to supply their own.
- Chairs will be arranged in rows which have been spaced 6’ apart. Within each row, the chairs themselves have been spaced a few inches apart from each other, so that if we leave three empty chairs in between family units we will be maintaining proper social distancing.
- Please do not move chairs around, as the proper spacing is important.
- We also ask that, if possible general, you remain seated once you have taken your seat until the service starts.
Other Changes and Adaptations
Download our COVID-19 Prayer Guide:
We invite you to watch or listen to our three-part sermon series, “Promises in the Pandemic.”
Who God has been for us in the past is the guarantee of who He will be for us in the future.
God has promised to provide everything we need to be content. Will we believe that He will keep His promise? And will we be content when He does?
What do the events of the first Easter Sunday have to say about our status today?